Featured Post

Contacting me

With Twitter not going great. I thought I just create and pin this on my blogspot so I can be reached if for some reason people actually wan...

Saturday, August 1, 2015

31 July 2015

My watch buzzes as I programmed it to do so around 6.30am. It was designed with a smart alarm to wake me up during my light sleep phase. Sat up on my bed and quickly checked the weather for the day. 29-32 degree Celsius with thunder storms in north and west parts of Singapore.

Washed up, got into my work attire and sat on my bed reading some news and social feeds on my smart phone. Mentally running through some of the stuff I need to do at work. Picked up my earbuds rather than my headphones today as I forgot to replace my headphone's noise cancelling batteries. Do love my noise cancelling headphone but I guess not today.

Had my music player playing on my phone I put on my shoes and headed to the location for my company's bus pick up. I am lucky. The pick up location is within walking distance from my home.

On the company bus I quickly checked my online order of a book I got from Books depositary to see if it is shipped. Sadly its not. Then it was back to checking some gaming news on my smart phone while the music player runs in the background before I decided to just listen to the music and controlling the music player from my watch.

4PM phone rang. Picked up the phone to have my friend confirming the time we are meeting later. Colleague found a good deal on flyscoot for all their destinations. Fury of text messages beeped through whatsapp talking about it which also buzz my smart watch like crazy.

5.30PM and both my colleague and I quickly got on the company bus to leave our office premises. Watch buzz'ed again telling me I clear today's goal for steps needed to walk.

Text my friend telling him I be late as I made my way to the trains after aligning from the bus. Prior I was checking on my phone about the deals for trips and checking hotels. It was difficult to get hotels during the Tokyo game show weekend. I was already thinking of dropping the idea and I would prefer channeling my funds to my March trip next week.

Watch buzz'ed again with my friend acknowledging my message when I reach Orchard MRT station. I repled "On My way"with a template using my watch without taking my phone out of my bag.

Spent the evening talking to my friends before finally heading home around 10.30pm. Showers before tuning in to Summer games done quick. Got to see some great runs before I hook my phone up to power checked if there are anymore messages or emails I didn't read on way back earlier. Put on my watch and have it record my sleep before I finally lights out for the day.



This is just a piece is mostly to remind me to appreciate how much I used tech and how much I got out of it. I often forget how much a leap in technology we had. 7 years ago I wouldn't even imagine having the ability of checking out information on the go or watches that measures sleep.

Oh and yes I do spend evening talk to friends over coffee. It is something I enjoy more as I get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment