Featured Post

Contacting me

With Twitter not going great. I thought I just create and pin this on my blogspot so I can be reached if for some reason people actually wan...

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Trips. Trips? Trips! JUST DO IT TRIPS!

Here I am back again writing about my trip. This time around my trip was really short and it was centered around Tokyo Game Show or TGS for short.



For a change I decided to not bring much for this trip.. Essentially this is everything. Bringing so little was quite an experience. Though I still ended up with with another bag cause people wanted me to buy some stuff. 



So was traveling light great? It is. I did not have to worry about finding a place to stash the additional stuff I brought. I pretty much just walked straight out of the airport without waiting for checked in luggage since I only brought that bag.

I probably want to invest a little more in clothes that are meant more for travel. That can come slowly.


Alright so TGS. Way more people than I realize. Imagine from the start of the security check point to the entrance of the hall. That route took nearly an hour. I started the queue at 09.40am then actually stepped into the halls at around 10.30am

TGS starts at 10.00am and ends at 05.00pm. I will write survivors' guide for it soon. It be mostly text though.

Personally I am pretty disappointed with TGS. I am disappointed to see majority of TGS is mobile phone games. Least half the hall is mobile phone games. Then a quarter of it is schools that teach about game development. Then the last quarter is the companies we know like Capcom, Square Enix, Sony etc. No Nintendo presence of course. Nintendo no longer appears at TGS anymore mainly because of Nintendo directs because really TGS is not a great way to showcase your games.

Also standing for 7 hours nearly killed my legs. I was trembling when I walked back to my hotel. This made me realize as I get older traveling might be a problem after for events like these.

On the plus I finally got to meet up with guys like spooky, SK, Brandon within the Chaotic halls of the venue. This was honestly the highlight for me.

It also allowed me to escape from the haze situation in Singapore temporarily. 

As for the experience of going to TGS itself. That differs between people. Personally I just wanted to strike this thing off my bucket list. So yay to another thing off my bucket list.

If you want to see the rest of the picture for my Japan trip. You can find them here:


No comments:

Post a Comment