Featured Post

Contacting me

With Twitter not going great. I thought I just create and pin this on my blogspot so I can be reached if for some reason people actually wan...

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Its done! More thoughts that I feel couldn't fit in properly to the main piece

Yes it is finally done. The main piece which is published on Medium.

Here I just want to say a few more things.

Honestly I don't hate Tokyo Dark that much but I needed to get it out of my system. Also I have nothing against the Developers of the game. I always believe that being a game dev is much harder than me writing an article about why something isn't good. (maybe I can learn how to actually make a game someday)

I remember doing a short poll about giving Tokyo Dark more leniency as it is a Kickstarter game but people seem to want me to be more fair regardless of how it was developed.

Several points during the game I was talking to the screen saying "Please give me a god d*mn reason to care about the characters". Obviously that never happened.

One point I didn't talk about in the main piece was how much the game wants you to take the whole scenario seriously. It was especially jarring when the god characters try to convince you that you need to be the mask bearer then have them at the end of the game asking if you did the right thing. So which is it honestly? Again subtly is all lost from there.

I didn't get all the endings. I got 2 endings and the second play through got me the true ending. I watched the other endings on YouTube I just balked at how much more it wants you take it seriously.

This is really the first time I run into a Visual Novel with bad writing and it really drive home the sin of bad writing since a Visual Novel is still a "novel" after all.

I wanted to try for a long time and now I finally did. Medium's online editor is a bit lacking in editor functions. I mean like blogger has more tools I can use. Blogger even has a spellcheck tool built in. I guess the only upside is medium has a place where you can make money from your articles. Oh well,  sell congratulatory with the fact I finally completed this article and gotten Tokyo Dark out of my system.

Now onto the next thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment